FAQ's
Downloads
Support Forum
  SnailSource.com [Logo]
Calendar LiteCalendar Lite (Demo)
Calendar ProCalendar Pro (Demo)
LinksLinks Pro (Demo)
RegisterRegister
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages SearchSearch FAQFAQ ProfileProfile MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups Join GroupsJoin Groups

Searching on Gallery?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    SnailSource.com Forum Index -> Gallery->phpBB2 Integration Support printer-friendly view
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dvblinia Radio

Hlp* 13.00
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Searching on Gallery? Reply with quote Direct link

Hi All,

OK its not a major problem but if anybody could help I would really appreciate it.

I have a music related website with photos, mp3's and so on of local bands, also each band has its own page. At the bottom of each band page I would like to put a link to a search string to my Gallery which will display photos of that particular band.

Lets say the band is called Primordial, can I use something like http://www.homepage.com/forum/modules.php?search=Primordial

This has been driving me mad now for a few days so if anyone can help!

Thanks in advance.
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

You're more likely to have success with something like this if you go with version 2.x.x of gallery instead of the older 1.5.x version.

However even then you'd need to make sure that all galleries included keywords and similar information in the gallery setup so that the search could actually find the required bands.

My suggestion really would be that you setup gallery albums for each band and make sure that all images appear in that album or sub-albums so you can keep all the images under one roof.. It'd certainly be easier than a free for all with the nightmare of trying to keep keywords up to date..
Dvblinia Radio

Hlp* 13.00
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

Hi Martin, thanks for your reply.

The Gallery is based on live photography from local gig nights. So some nights you may have 5 or 6 bands playing that evening and then the following week some of those bands will play again.

Each gig night is give its own album.

To search in Gallery version 1.5 you would use a url like http://www.homepage.com/gallery/search.php?searchstring=Primordial

This works perfectly for a stand alone version of Gallery but I would like to be able to do this with the embeded module.

I have tried some combinations like http://www.homepage.com/forum/modules.php?searchstring=Primordial&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index

So far nothing,

Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    SnailSource.com Forum Index -> Gallery->phpBB2 Integration Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: