FAQ's
Downloads
Support Forum
  SnailSource.com [Logo]
Calendar LiteCalendar Lite (Demo)
Calendar ProCalendar Pro (Demo)
LinksLinks Pro (Demo)
RegisterRegister
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages SearchSearch FAQFAQ ProfileProfile MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups Join GroupsJoin Groups

can anyone tell me why i am getting this error?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    SnailSource.com Forum Index -> Gallery->phpBB2 Integration Support printer-friendly view
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliffclof

Hlp* 8.00
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

The text file didn't have the locations on the server of where files should be placed.

If future realeases had that info in the text README a lot would be explained.

I could have missed it, but I'm pretty sure I read it from start to finish. Both text files.
mattuck

Hlp* 1.10
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

FYI

I ran into this same problem... I had already installed my gallery in a different folder (ie not "phpbb2/modules/gallery/"). The readme didn't seem specific that gallery "had" to be installed there. Plus, I had used this mod on older versions of phpbb and gallery without gallery being installed "inside" of phpbb.

Anyway, after messing around with it a bit, I found that you do not need to symlink anything. You just need to make sure that in modules.php for the line mentioned:
Code:
define('MODULES_PATH', './modules/');

you define the full path of the location where gallery is installed. This worked for me even though I have a setup like this:

Gallery: root/subfolder1/gal
phpBB2: root/subfolder1/forum

I hope that is useful... it should help avoid people needing to symlink, and solve confusion if people install gallery in a different folder/directory than phpbb

PS... My suggestion would be to add some details to the install readme instructions to clarify installation locations. Or modifications needed to modules.php if installed in a non-traditional location

Thanks for all the hard work. This is a great mod.
cliffclof

Hlp* 8.00
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

That's useful. Thanks!
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

mattuck wrote:
I ran into this same problem... I had already installed my gallery in a different folder (ie not "phpbb2/modules/gallery/"). The readme didn't seem specific that gallery "had" to be installed there. Plus, I had used this mod on older versions of phpbb and gallery without gallery being installed "inside" of phpbb.

It's one of those things where things have changed a lot... I did used to say install it there but there are actually instructions in the Gallery 1.5.x distro itself that show how to install a limited version of the integration here. Unfortunately most people don't bother reading that so I accept some responsibility but not all for the lack of info.. It's just a bit fragmented.. Sad

Quote:
Anyway, after messing around with it a bit, I found that you do not need to symlink anything. You just need to make sure that in modules.php for the line mentioned:
Code:
define('MODULES_PATH', './modules/');

you define the full path of the location where gallery is installed. This worked for me even though I have a setup like this:

Gallery: root/subfolder1/gal
phpBB2: root/subfolder1/forum

Really?! Shocked Well in that case it seems that the Gallery crew really overhauled some of their code. A year or so ago when I last looked at the code with a careful eye it wouldn't have allowed that...

Quote:
I hope that is useful... it should help avoid people needing to symlink, and solve confusion if people install gallery in a different folder/directory than phpbb

PS... My suggestion would be to add some details to the install readme instructions to clarify installation locations. Or modifications needed to modules.php if installed in a non-traditional location

Thanks for all the hard work. This is a great mod.

I'll try to remember but if you could bump this once in a while that'd certainly help prompt me to get it sorted..
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    SnailSource.com Forum Index -> Gallery->phpBB2 Integration Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: