FAQ's
Downloads
Support Forum
  SnailSource.com [Logo]
Calendar LiteCalendar Lite (Demo)
Calendar ProCalendar Pro (Demo)
LinksLinks Pro (Demo)
RegisterRegister
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages SearchSearch FAQFAQ ProfileProfile MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups Join GroupsJoin Groups

Paypal donation error

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    SnailSource.com Forum Index -> Feedback / General Discussion printer-friendly view
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steviej

Hlp* 6.00
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Paypal donation error Reply with quote Direct link

Hi,

I just tried to 'donate' the money for linkz pro and I get the following message on the paypal screen...

"You have entered an invalid quantity. A quantity must be a whole number greater than or equal to one."

It won't let me continue past this.
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal donation error Reply with quote Direct link

steviej wrote:
Hi,

I just tried to 'donate' the money for linkz pro and I get the following message on the paypal screen...

"You have entered an invalid quantity. A quantity must be a whole number greater than or equal to one."

It won't let me continue past this.

ok... my bad.. I completed a few updated to try to resolve the problems with the IPN but seems I messed something up in the process.

I'll post on here when I've fixed the problem..

Thanks for the heads up.
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

Hmm... actually not my fault it would seem..

I'm guessing you must have javascript disabled which would probably result in the same error as JS is used to calculate what you pay and set the variables.

Please try again with JS enabled or if there's still a problem it'd help if you could provide me with details of your setup so I can check the variables (ie: what browser, security software, settings, etc..)

Thanks.. .
pepe82

Hlp* 3.00
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

I had the same problem and fixed it by using IE instead of Firefox... but JavaScript is enabled in both browsers.
Fixed the first problem I have a new one! When I logged in to PayPal I get a "Site not found" by PayPal Germany! I'm sure that the fact that I'm german has to do with this behavour Wink
But now I only want to make contributions and get Calendar Pro and add an iCal export feature and be happy with it, but I don't know how to get my money to you *lol* I'm a student too and use my skills as volunteer at a scouting group, but I know how much word it is to make such a program and want to support it.
So how could I get my money to you??
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

pepe82 wrote:
I had the same problem and fixed it by using IE instead of Firefox... but JavaScript is enabled in both browsers.
Fixed the first problem I have a new one! When I logged in to PayPal I get a "Site not found" by PayPal Germany! I'm sure that the fact that I'm german has to do with this behavour Wink

Damn is it that obvious?! Very Happy Embarassed Laughing

Quote:
But now I only want to make contributions and get Calendar Pro and add an iCal export feature and be happy with it, but I don't know how to get my money to you *lol* I'm a student too and use my skills as volunteer at a scouting group, but I know how much word it is to make such a program and want to support it.
So how could I get my money to you??

Ok... if you or anyone else has this problem..

Go through the process as if you were actually sending to paypal, make a note of the amount (before you click donate) then if it doesn't work, just do a manual send payment to "info@snailsource.com"

Make sure you include the following information in the comments field:
- mod(s) required and your username... plus your registered email address on snailsource.

I'll then add you manually.

I'll obviously look into this some more so if you are willing I'd like to contact you at a later date to do some debugging and try to fix it..
pepe82

Hlp* 3.00
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

No problem, contact me whenever you want to!

I wrote:
but I know how much word it is to make such a program and want to support it

"word" *rofl* nearly the same as work Laughing
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

Ah... I think I've found the problem...

If I'm reading this correctly it's not the country that's the problem but the IPN.. It seems they've made a few changes as of May and along the way tightened up a few things.

The fact that their sandbox doesn't reflect the live paypal system is neither here nor there (but it infuriates me as what's the point?!).. either way it seems that there was a variable that was required that I was getting away with before but can't now.

I'll approach a couple of people who've had problems to ask them to re-contribute (I'll refund the money though so worry not!) Wink and see if the latest changes have fixed things.
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

Well it looks like the fix may have worked... So far only had one test from someone who had problems before but that worked so with a little luck we've resolved the issue Smile
jennifera

Hlp* 2.00
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

Is it possible to open a paypal account and encash amounts without revealing any important info? I have to receive money from foreign using paypal account. Can I encash the amounts without revealing my bank account number or credit card number. I can't use the Virtual credit card as they are expensive. I would be receiving only little amounts. Also , For these kind of transactions what type of Paypal account should I open? Personal or business?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    SnailSource.com Forum Index -> Feedback / General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: