FAQ's
Downloads
Support Forum
  SnailSource.com [Logo]
Calendar LiteCalendar Lite (Demo)
Calendar ProCalendar Pro (Demo)
LinksLinks Pro (Demo)
RegisterRegister
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages SearchSearch FAQFAQ ProfileProfile MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups Join GroupsJoin Groups

Could not select Gallery permission after upgrade 2.0.18
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    SnailSource.com Forum Index -> Gallery->phpBB2 Integration Support printer-friendly view
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArcticSnowman

Hlp* 3.00
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

Thanks Martin...

Just to confirm that the fix is also needed for phpBB 2.0.19 (with gallery 1.5.1)

Steven
Saratoga Sam

Hlp* 111.06
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

Thanks for that heads up.

So you get the same error with phpbb v2.0.19?

I guess I'll wait to upgrade.
ArcticSnowman

Hlp* 3.00
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

I get a number of MySQL errors about unable to connect etc. Due to the password not being defined..
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

The issue is simply that the phpBB2 coding crew decided to try and stop people being able to access the password variable once phpBB2 had finished with it.

Removing or commenting out the code that unsets the password variable does potentially mean your phpBB2 is more vulnerable but it's a choice between gallery working or not...
Saratoga Sam

Hlp* 111.06
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

Hi Martin - welcome back. I hope the Best Man speech went well. I've done a few of them myself.

So, if a phpbb admin does the change below, phpbb v2.0.19 will work with the Gallery integration mod?

Guess what, phpbb v2.0.20 is now out!

Martin wrote:
Ok, the problem is caused by this line...

common.php

Find:
Code:
// We do not need this any longer, unset for safety purposes
unset($dbpasswd);

Replace with:
Code:
// We do not need this any longer, unset for safety purposes
//unset($dbpasswd);

Technically this reduces the security level this "fix" was intended to increase but unless you do it, gallery won't work anymore without you switching over to using the phpBB2 db module.
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

Saratoga Sam wrote:
Hi Martin - welcome back. I hope the Best Man speech went well. I've done a few of them myself.

It was well recieved thankfully so no grandmothers are hunting me at the moment Wink

Quote:
So, if a phpbb admin does the change below, phpbb v2.0.19 will work with the Gallery integration mod?

It "should"... Razz

Quote:
Guess what, phpbb v2.0.20 is now out!

Yep... seen that and Olympus is around the corner too.. Fun times ahead. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    SnailSource.com Forum Index -> Gallery->phpBB2 Integration Support All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: