FAQ's
Downloads
Support Forum
  SnailSource.com [Logo]
Calendar LiteCalendar Lite (Demo)
Calendar ProCalendar Pro (Demo)
LinksLinks Pro (Demo)
RegisterRegister
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages SearchSearch FAQFAQ ProfileProfile MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups Join GroupsJoin Groups

VITAL INFO: Gallery Integration MOD (RTFM!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    SnailSource.com Forum Index -> Gallery->phpBB2 Integration Support printer-friendly view
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:46 am    Post subject: VITAL INFO: Gallery Integration MOD (RTFM!) Reply with quote Direct link

This post is essential reading for anyone downloading the Gallery->PhpBB2 integration MOD.

1. The Mod, is not a standalone script but instead provides the necessary bridging alterations + added files to allow phpBB2 (overall_header template, user database and authentication modules) to work with Gallery 1.3

2. You must install phpBB2, then Gallery 1.3 then the MOD.

3. The Mod replaces certain key files in Gallery 1.3 to avoid problems such as header errors, etc...
be145

Hlp* 0.12
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

so, just downloading the zip file that you have on this site for the gallery is not enough? I would have to download the version from that other site, then once I have installed that I can add the modifications from the zip you have here? Is that correct?
Martin
Site Admin

Hlp* 3655.72
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

be145 wrote:
so, just downloading the zip file that you have on this site for the gallery is not enough?

Correct... the file on this server alone is like having a steering wheel but no car to steer..

Quote:
I would have to download the version from that other site, then once I have installed that I can add the modifications from the zip you have here? Is that correct?

Yes... but bear in mind that Gallery releases have been frequent recently and the version supported is no longer currently available via the Gallery site.

I've noticed that there is a version 1.5 which is a release candidate so I hope to update the mod available here to be compatible with that once it is released as a final version (not just pre-release ie: beta)
be145

Hlp* 0.12
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Direct link

Ah ok.

I did see that the site had an option to download version 1.4.4 and I have downloaded that ... about the open and dissect. Once I do that I will let you know how this go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    SnailSource.com Forum Index -> Gallery->phpBB2 Integration Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: